EMDR Therapy Long Beach
- Are you feeling overwhelmed with complicated feelings?
- Have you experienced current or past tramatic events?
- Do past uncomfortable or painful thoughts keep gnawing at you?
- Do painful thoughts come to the surface quickly?
- Do you feel like your emotions are stronger than you?
- Do you act or talk instantly and then later regret it?
- Are you dealing with depression, anxiety, or addiction?
When you have experienced one or more traumatic events, either in your childhood or adulthood, your emotions and feelings can become stuck. They keep coming back and resurfacing. They get stuck in the nervous system that is struggling to reset.
Instead of being able to take a deep breath and make the right decision for yourself, you often take actions that lead you in the wrong direction.
EMDR therapy can help.
What is EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy
EMDR works by helping you target specific traumatic memories or feelings and resolves them. Stressful life events can get locked in the brain. The eye movements used in EMDR seem to unlock the nervous system so the brain can process the information and let it go.
An EMDR therapist will help desensitize you to old traumatic thought and feelings and replace them with more positive thoughts and feelings.
If you have felt stuck in traditional talk therapy or it has not been helpful, EMDR may be a solution.
Now Offering Confidential Online Psychotherapy
Some Common signs of trauma reactions that EMDR can help
- Overwhelming anxiety or fear
- Avoidance of activities and places that may trigger painful memories
- Difficulty concentrating
- Intrusive thoughts
- Addiction or compulsive behavior
- Panic attacks
If you are stuggling and want help, please reach out to us. You don’t have to suffer from these negative thoughts and feelings. There is hope.
Call us today at 562-418-5574 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Novus, we provide a compassionate team of professionals who will work with you with a level of commitment that you will not find anywhere else. Let us help you start or further your recovery today.