Dr. Barbara Christian, PsyD, LMFT, EMDR, CSAT
Long Beach Therapist
Areas I Specialize In:
- Partner Relational & Betrayal Trauma
- Sex Addiction
- Sexual Offending Behavior
- Anxiety, Stress, and Overwhelm
- Depression, Low Mood, Lack of Joy
- Partner-Relational Issues like communication, intimacy, and connection
- Overwhelming Emotions and Thoughts
Have you recently discovered that your partner has been unfaithful?
I know everyone has challenges in their life. My experience, expertise, and variety of training give me the tools and skills to explore solutions that work for you. I provide a safe and healthy environment where you can ask for help with these challenges. In a non-judgmental and supportive therapy setting, we can work together to help you overcome your problems and deal with life’s situations.
Education & Training
- Psy.D Marriage and Family Therapist Degree 2014 Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology Degree, Antioch University
- Training with The Association of Partners of Sex Addicts Trauma Specialists. APSATS.
- Suicide Prevention
When Will I Get Better?
Therapy is often a long-term commitment. It is a commitment you make to yourself. Your involvement and dedication to the process is crucial. As is my approach to making this a safe and comfortable environment for you while introducing techniques and interventions to use towards your struggles. Let’s take a moment to focus on the fact that you are here and how proud it makes you.
What will therapy be like?
As your therapist, I will collaborate with you by observing, assessing and determining what will best help you and fits your needs. Through building a stable relationship and the creation of a safe and comfortable environment, I will introduce techniques and interventions that can help you through your struggles.
How often should I come?
In most cases, we will start out with once a week and increase if appropriate. Every few months we will re-evaluate to determine if a decreased frequency is necessary.