Love Addiction Therapy
- Do you think you might be addicted to love?
- Are you asking yourself why you can’t stop seeing him?
- Do you become sexually involved with someone without knowing them and regardless of the consequences (e.g., the threat of STD’s or threat of being caught)?
- Are you in a destructive relationship because you fear loneliness or abandonment?
- Do you sometimes obsess about another person or are obsessed with a fantasy you created about another person?
It is possible that you may be a Love Addict.
Love addiction or relationship addiction is real for many women. According to Kelly McDaniel, author of Ready to Heal, love addiction is much like an addiction to food, drugs, or alcohol–except the addiction is to a relationship or the promise of a relationship.
When I talk with female love addicts they often describe an insatiable need to seek out affection, love, and often sex in order to gain approval or even to just feel okay. It’s part of the process of feeling better at the moment, but the cost is long term pain.