LONG BEACH THERAPIST
Dr. Barbara Christian
PSYD, LMFT, EMDR, CSAT
Dr. Barbara Christian, PsyD, LMFT, EMDR, CSAT
Have you recently discovered that your partner has been unfaithful? Are you struggling with sadness, loss, and grief? Are you feeling overwhelmed?
As a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, I have had extensive experience supporting people through difficult times. I am trained in sex addiction therapy and partner relational and betrayal trauma. I know how to help you move through and past these events you are experiencing. I am trained in EMDR to help you process and move beyond trauma.
I know everyone has challenges in their life. My experience, expertise, and variety of training give me the tools and skills to explore solutions that work for you. I provide a safe and healthy environment where you can ask for help with these challenges. In a non-judgmental and supportive therapy setting, we can work together to help you overcome your problems and deal with life’s situations.
Areas I specialize in:
- Partner Relational & Betrayal Trauma
- Sex Addiction
- Sexual Offending Behavior
- Anxiety, Stress, and Overwhelm
- Depression, Low Mood, Lack of Joy
- Partner-Relational Issues like communication, intimacy, and connection
- Overwhelming Emotions and Thoughts
It is my goal and passion in life to provide empathetic support in order to help people with their inner struggles and day-to-day life.
Education & Training
- Psy.D Marriage and Family Therapist Degree 2014 Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology Degree, Antioch University
- Training with The Association of Partners of Sex Addicts Trauma Specialists. APSATS.
- Suicide Prevention
When Will I Get Better?
What will therapy be like?
As your therapist, I will collaborate with you by observing, assessing and determining what will best help you and fits your needs. Through building a stable relationship and the creation of a safe and comfortable environment, I will introduce techniques and interventions that can help you through your struggles.
How often should I come?
Call Us Today!
We are here to work with you and provide a level of commitment that no one else can. Let us help start or further your healing today so you have the strength to get through this tough time in your life.